Monday, June 23, 2008

Bills


Bills are somewhere at the top of things that are necessary to do, but there is no enjoyment in the process. Kinda along the lines of buying new bras. You need them, but the act of doing it just seems like a real time waster. Maybe that's why most of my bras are in dire need of replacement. (Besides the fact that I am single, and it's been way too long since anyone (a man) has seen them, so really there isn't much incentive, is there?)


The thing with bills though, is that you have to do it every month, and even when you're done paying them, there's a evil twist: you really aren't done at all. You just have to go to the mailbox and there will be another one waiting one you, so the process never really ends. That's just cruel!

Bills are a little bit easier now to pay through the Internet though, yet there is another glitch there too. Passwords. I have so many different passwords that I need a file cabinet to remember them all. Speaking of file cabinets, filing is at the top level along with paying bills and buying bras of annoying things to do. One of my first jobs was to do the filing at my father's car agency. I hated it then, and still do. I didn't last long at that job, I was way better at answering the phone. (Always did love "communicating!") It is nice though to be able to find something when you need it. So filing feels does seem satisfying to me once it's done, I suppose.


It would be idealistic to have a part time assistant to pay my bills, file my papers, and keep everything relevant to taxes organized, for me to give to my accountant. Guess I'll think about that later, but for now I have bills to pay and just a little bit of filing to do.

1 comment:

starkeyart said...

lol - so true about the passwords!